Monday, April 23, 2012

Progess Report

Transferred from my other blog: The Adventures of Sisterhood
First published: 4-23-12 at 9:15 PM EDT

This post is going to be short. Kylie turned 18 months old on the 22nd of this month, which was Sunday. When I was this old 13 years ago, I was on a plane to America with my mom. I was about to meet my dad for the first time since I was 7 months old. Of course, I don't remember any of this, but we watched a video of me from a few days before moving then. Kylie pointed at the screen and said "baby" in Chinese every time she saw me, and even recognized my mom from 1999. I thought it was about time to make a list of <i>everything</i> she knows how to say while it's still compilable.

Words she can say in Chinese:
- Mom, dad, sissy, grandma, Kylie
- Car
- Bird
- Meat
- Corn
- Wash
- Dry
- Hold/Give me
- Horse
- Dog
- Duck
- Pen/pencil/writing utensil
- Eat
- Shoes
- Thank you
- Socks
- Nose
- Baby/Doll

Words she can say in English:
- Hi
- Byebye
- Kylie
- Chichi
- Daddy
- Dog
- Duck
- A, B, C, D (can almost read them!)
- Uh-oh
- No (accompanied by vigorous head-shaking)
- Truck
- Bus
- Beep beep
- Names of some of her classmates at daycare
- Ball
- Sit
- Shoe
- Nose (Nose-y, actually)
- Baby

I'm sure I'm missing things. She knows so much already. She understand far more, but can't put it all to words. She can say some more things just by copying our sounds, but she doesn't know what they mean. In the house, our family has had to start being careful about what we say around her, because currently, her favorite word is N-O. We try not to say N-O out loud because it just reminds her of how much she enjoys shaking her head like a maniac and saying no.

-Chichi

No comments:

Post a Comment