Monday, June 4, 2012

Stages

Transferred from my other blog: The Adventures of Sisterhood
First published: 6-4-12 at 10:36 PM EDT

First of all, I'm going to make an excuse for neglecting this blog last week. We were moving, and though I had access to both internet and Kylie, there just wasn't enough sit-down and write about the quirks of your little sister motivation in packing up everything and loading it in a truck. Basically, we spent the day making multiple trips between the house we were renting and the apartment we've leased. Kylie had trouble sleeping the first night here -- strange new place, who wouldn't be confused?

The week's entry has nothing to do with something Kylie did to inspire some silly anecdote out of my not-so-many years. My mom and I were talking about it in the car. What kind of stages will Kylie go through? With the way she dresses, the way she acts, the way she talks, and things. For myself, there were a few extremely distinct stages. When I was really little, I was a girly-girl. Then, I started gymnastics. I couldn't do cartwheels on the street in dresses, so I transitioned to sweatpants (can't cartwheel in jeans either). After starting middle school, I decided that sweatpants were too lazy looking for school and jeans were much cooler and I didn't need to be a little showoff and do walkovers everywhere I went.

As for attitude, I'm not such a great example. I've basically been cheerful from day one. My only rebellion came in the form of music, where I decided that pop music was too boring, that hard rock was more my thing. My classmate's little sister is currently in middle school. She's going to be a high school freshman next year, and in her grade, she's considered "popular" by everyone who knows her. My classmate and I were talking about our families, and she mentioned the sister. Apparently, her stages have been: Girly Girl, Goody Two Shoes, Horror Movie Marathon, and now, Get Out Of My Face. Their family is a bit dysfunctional, but both my friend and her sister are great.

I suppose you don't really start going through these phases until you're old enough to decide things for yourself. Like, choosing what to wear and such, not just whether or not to throw the sippy cup on the ground during a fit of rage. My prediction for Kylie: stage one will be a girly-girl. This isn't just because she's, well, a female. She really likes pink things and putting things in her hair and twirling in skirts/dresses. Unlike me as a baby, she likes being mom's dress-up/hair-experimenting doll. I'm seeing frills and fluffy things in this future!

-Chichi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment