Monday, June 25, 2012

Saturday

Transferred from my other blog: The Adventures of Sisterhood
First published: 6-25-12 at 11:29 AM EDT

Well, Kylie's sick again. We're not sure how, but before she got sick she did have a great Saturday. I wasn't there for most of it, I was at a pool with my teammates. However, Miss Kylie buggered daddy into taking her to our neighborhood pool (or daddy offered, either way), and she went swimming!

Kylie has this adorable little ladybug floaty that you can see in the photo update from a few weeks back. When at the pool, her time is divided between prancing around in that and clinging to daddy when out of it. The float comes with this blue overhead sun-visor like thing and it keeps her from becoming drowsy due to the direct light and heat. When in daddy's arms, she gets submerged up to her shoulders, and three times according to dad's count, up to the tippy top of her head. Yep, Kylie got dunked in three times, and she seemed to enjoy every one.

When they got home, Kylie napped, snacked, and watched Elmo and Strawberry Shortcake. Then, after a delicious dinner, she hopped (climbed) into the car with daddy to go pick me up from my friend's house. After a half-hour car ride and finally retrieving me, we headed back. In the car, I sang her songs. I sang her the Wheels On The Bus, and she did her little dance to it, rolling her arms over one another. I sang her the Itsy Bitsy Spider, and her tiny fingers made pinch shapes and imitated a spider. When I was done, she piped up with a quiet but demanding "ABCD!"

Dad and I sang the ABC's probably over 15 times during that car ride. When we say, Kylie, you try, she can get, ABCDE, which is pretty awesome. She knows most of the alphabet already and can talk a lot. It's miraculous how fast she grows.

- Chichi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment